Last year, I didn't send out Christmas cards... I was too sad that we were spending our 3rd Christmas waiting for Hope and didn't want to put that in writing yet again.
This year, I am getting excited just thinking about the holidays... sending out Christmas cards sharing good news, singing to Kate all my favorite Christmas songs, making Chris sit with Kate on Santa's lap, Christmas morning with Chris playing big brother and unwrapping Kate's gifts, Kate playing with the ribbons and bows.
Don't get me wrong, Hope will be missed. I will buy her an ornament to commemorate the year and as I place a small gift for her under the tree, I will be consoled by the fact, that this is our last Christmas without her.
The little dress Kate & I are wearing in this picture was made by my mom, in 1965. I wore it for my first Christmas. This is a treasure, a moment I never thought I would have. My daughter wearing my first Christmas dress. Hope will most likely be around a year old when we are united with her and would never fit in my newborn keepsakes. Our Kate has been such a gift to us, God's tiny surprise, in the middle of a long road to China.
Three years ago today, I mailed our application to our international agency to begin our journey to Hope...





2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Could she be any cuter???? Those cheeks!!!!!!!
Kate really is such a blessing and there are more to come!
Wow! I've missed alot of blogs lately. I love all the pictures. How sweet that you are both wearing the same dress. That is so special. I need to get my hands on that little cutie soon. Sorry we've been so busy. We miss you!!
Love, Kim
Post a Comment