Like a wedding, this day in the life of my daughter, was highly anticipated. Many years ago, I sat in our church, during a baptism, feeling immeasurable grief as I was nearing my last months of infertility treatment. It was this day, I prayed, not for a child, but making a promise, that if I were to ever be blessed with a daughter, I would baptise her there and name her Hope. That I would share my faith and my story.
Here we are, still waiting for our Hope, yet I now know that God's plan was even greater than I could ever have allowed myself to ask for. In my long wait for another child, God was planning that we be open to adopt not one, but two little girls. I have no doubt that Hope is still coming and it is because of her that we are now blessed with Kate. A miracle. A blessing in disguise. Double Happiness! I am overwhelmed by and unworthy of His goodness.
When we heard that Jim's mom was coming to visit, we scrambled to see if we could baptize Kate while she was here. It was such a blessing to have both of Kate's grandma's here for her Christening!
It was a dream come true to design and make her gown and cake, and plan the menu and decorations. We even got to choose the music for the service. Yet, the most important part of the day was officially promising to raise her as a believer, a follower of Christ. To publicly show that she is ours, yet that she is truly God's child.
It was also an incredibly easy and sweet decision to ask Chris to be her Godfather. We know he will set such a Godly example to his sister and he was very proud and eager to accept the honor.
It was a wonderful day, full of joy, family and love. My heart is singing!
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life... Proverbs 13:12







No comments:
Post a Comment