Saturday, July 12, 2008
Finally Captured That Beautiful Smile...
Chris and Jim spent this last week at Scout Camp. I absolutely adore the fact that for the first time I was not left alone while my family went on a Scout outing! While Kate began sleeping through the night, the day they left, and has continued to sleep anywhere from 7-8 hours; I have been literally drained trying to keep up with her demands of eating every 2-2.5 hours! I actually spent 3 full days at home just trying to get her on a 3 hour schedule. This did not go smoothly, and Kate barely slept a wink and was cranky between feedings, but I had so much support from my Mom and friends!
Monday night Janis and Rebecca came and visited for several hours, Tuesday my mom spent the entire day, Wednesday I had visitors from noon until 9; Judy, Tracy & Lainey and Janis & Rebecca!
Thursday, I showered and put on makeup, put Kate in her prettiest smocked dress and headed to Partridge Creek for some upscale window shopping and coffee with Judy! Very fun day! I even got Kate a Carter's winter sleeper for $4 at Parisian! Who knew I could find a bargain in that place! This day, Kate slept quite a bit in the car and the stroller, it was a much better day for my nerves, yet I worried she wouldn't sleep though the night... but she did!
Friday my mom came for the day again, with the idea in mind I would finish some home office and house work... well Kate was back to her old tricks of not napping and being fussy so we switched gears and went to lunch, and ran some errands. ie diapers, wipes, formula shopping! Today Kate barely slept, similar to our days at home! In the end I decided that Kate will now sleep through the night, doze during the day and eat every 2-2.5 hours. When she takes 45 minutes to finish a bottle, 2 hours goes pretty fast! But it keeps her happy and she is now smiling and talking and cooing and laughing all the time!
She is also really starting to use her hands. She stares at her fists until she's cross-eyed, and purposely lifts her fist to knock toys hanging over her head to watch them move. At 9.5 weeks I am thinking this is really ahead of the game but who knows! I don't have time to look it up in the book! : )
My mom turned to me yesterday and out of the blue asked me if I was happy. I guess this week, anyone who visited, might have wondered. I was frustrated with her change in eating schedule but happy with the extra sleep, yet felt more tired than before. If I seemed overwhelmed, frustrated or exhausted, it was because I want to make sure I am being the best mother I can be for her.
There are still moments where I just can't believe she is here, that she is ours. I can't believe anyone could knowingly give her away. I can't believe someone just gave her to us. I am astonished at what a perfect fit she is to our family.
Am I happy? Blissfully!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Absolutely adorable! I am glad you now have Kate to keep you company when the boys are away. Enjoy your girl time. Grace and I are alone this weekend due to scouting and will be again for another 4 days next week. Thank goodness for our girls:)!!
Girls Rock!!!
First, I love love love Kate's beautiful smile...
Second, it's perfectly OK to be tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed, AND blissfully happy. I think that is EXACTLY how I felt the first year of bein' Lily's momma...it's a HUGE adjustment.
You are doin' a fabulous job.
Can't wait to get together...I need to pick a day, don't I!?
OMG Perfection!!!!!! This is the pay off for fussy babies and little rest!
Post a Comment