Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
(Click On Flower To Visit )

Monday, May 5, 2008

On Our Way?

Forgive me everyone...

My posting will not be as eloquent or profound or grammatically correct as it usually is....

Because this afternoon we officially accepted to be the potential adoptive parents of R's baby girl...

We are in shock and it has NOT sunk in yet. We are trying to clear our plates and procede with travel plans.

Within the next day, week or so we could very well be a family of four.

So...

The Reader's Digest version:

R did not show up for the conference call because it was too difficult. She and the birthfather G, decided on a closed adoption. So unless they change their minds we may never meet them.

This afternoon we were faxed the OB/GYN and ultrasound records and according to our agent who is an OB nurse everything is really good. If we have time we will have our OB review them, but there seems to be nothing stated as wrong.

R is due May 6th (tomorrow) when she is admitted to the hospital we will be notified and required to get on the next plane to Utah.

When the baby is 24 hours old (48 if she has a C-section) she will be served with the adoption papers. Upon signing, we will also be served. Once we sign, the baby will be placed with us and if she is released from the hospital we can take her 'home'. Then we need to stay in Utah until paperwork is completed for inter-state adoption. This will take a week or so. We could be in Utah from 10-14 days.

I am praying that this is our Kate, that she is healthy and strong. (okay and cute, and sweet, and happy too!)

Thank you all for the continued support and prayers,

We are so blessed!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Holy Cow!!!
I'm shaking for you...OK, now I'm praying for you. And Kate.
WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!
Wonderful news...please keep us posted.
Love you and am so happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
I just can't tell how peaceful and balanced I feel about this child. Let us know if there is anything we can do (airport shuttle, baseball transportation etc). Happy Mother's Day, Lynn!
Love you all,
Kathleen and Fred

Anonymous said...

OK that should read " I just can't tell YOU how peaceful and balanced I feel about this child." Meaning I soooo feel this is right. Geeez, see why I NEVER post.
Love,
Kathleen