Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
(Click On Flower To Visit )

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One year ago....

On Monday April 28th
I missed a phone call from our agency at 6:22. The message said that a birthmother named "R" chose our profile and wanted a conference call with us. When I called back someone named Katie told me that I could call back in the morning... It was a very long night!

On Tuesday April 29th & 30th
We were sent faxes of birthparent information and medical records to review. We spent hours going over the information and prayed... Our social worker scheduled a conference call with the birthparents.

On Thursday May 1st
We had a conference call scheduled with our birth-mother for 5:00pm. At 5:20 we received word from our agency that "R" never showed, that her social worker was trying to reach her and could not. We waited until 7:30... We had no idea. Thinking it could be cold feet, irresponsibility, an emergency, labor? We just didn't know.

Friday May 2nd
Our agency never called that day. I had no news and no idea what is going on. Except to assume that this adoption would not happen for us. This made for a very emotional week-end.

A year ago today - Monday May 5th - I posted this:

Forgive me everyone...

My posting will not be as eloquent or profound or grammatically correct as it usually is....

Because this afternoon we officially accepted to be the potential adoptive parents of R's baby girl...

We are in shock and it has NOT sunk in yet. We are trying to clear our plates and procede with travel plans.

Within the next day, week or so we could very well be a family of four.

And so it began...

No comments: