Happy New Year everyone!
Kate has had her first Christmas and New Year and is growing by leaps and bounds each and every moment!
The biggest change for Kate in the last 2 months is that SHE IS ON THE MOVE! She spends quite a bit of her time on her tummy exploring our living room carpet! On December 28th when Grandma was baby sitting she got on her hands and knees (belly off the floor) for the first time. She was very proud of her ability to move back and forth, her little bottom rocking! She pretty much scoots backwards accidentally, sideways with purpose but still hasn't mastered forward! She will see a toy, start for it and and up farther away, but then sees another toy and hangs out there for a while! Before you know it she has moved out of sight and is petting a very guilty looking Scout!
A month ago she was 20lbs 8oz so I'm guessing she is probably around 22lbs now. After Christmas we bought her a new car seat that will carry her (or Hope) until she is 65 lbs.
She is heartily eating every variety of baby food now and starting to eat bits of banana and well cooked carrots. We even tried a little Gerber Chicken with Apples and she devoured it! One thing I can say is that she is a very good eater!
She is still (for the most part) a good sleeper, except for an occasional stir in the night she sleeps about 10 hours each night and takes 2 naps each day. I almost cringe writing this because for about 4 days at New Years she didn't sleep well. at. all. ! I am still recovering from the fatigue, but she has been back on track the last 2 nights and actually scared me when she didn't wake me up all night long! I woke with a start at 5:00am and ran in to check on her...(and woke her up)
She is now saying MaMa, DaDa, BaBa, and LaLa! We love the LaLa, she loves sticking out her tongue over and over again and rolling it in her mouth, I think it is her new favorite toy!
She has not cut any teeth yet, I have thought she 'was teething' from 4 months on... I am not assuming anything now until I actually see a tooth! She just loves to put everything in her mouth, including your knuckles and drools a lot!
Clap, Clap, Clap.... Kate is clapping! She loves it and so do we! She is so proud of herself when she does it, it just tickles us! She will clap when we clap, when she hears music or sometimes, for no reason at all!
I realized I only have 4 months to plan her Birthday Party!!! Sunday May 3rd! Save the Date!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
8 Months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
8 months old!!!????
The time is certainly flying by...I need another baby Kate fix SOON!
Love you!
P.S. I finished and turned in my letter...phew!
Love all the pixs. I could look at her pictures all day they are so cute. Chris' chair is cool and he even had his guitar hero pants on! Rock on!
What a nice update!!! Thank You!!!
She is such a love!
Post a Comment